Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day Three in Europe: Relaxing in Krakow

Sorry to all my devoted fans that I did not post anything yesterday, but life happens when you travel. But onwards to yesterday! I was more then slightly tired because the other night (night two people, keep up now) a group of us from my hostel decided to go out to some pubs and such. Don't you worry your favorite globe trotting traveler did not get drunk, but I did have some vodka and a few beers and this was also after a huge delicious Polish dinner of dumplings. All of the places we went too were underground which was awesome. There was exposed rock every where which gave it all a nice feel and look. Now for the beer drinkers in my life I know this is going to make you super jealous so if you turn away now its ok. Beer was brought to us in these plastic tubes which were at least four feet tall and had 5 liters of beer in them. No, I did not attempt to drink it all, unless my pint glass magically held 5 liters. There was one other American in the group, two British girls, two Turkish guys, one guy from Spain, one guy who use to live in San Paulo, Brazil but that wasn't crazy enough party wise for him for he moved to Ibiza, Spain (for those of you who don't know Ibiza may just be the party capital of the world.), and then there was "Angry" James from Canada, just why he is angry who knows.(He's really not at all.)
The next morning I got a late start and decided to wander around the Old Town Square. I had seen most the the square before and when I was walking a poster for Black Swan caught my eye and I went and saw it. Great movie and sometimes you just have to take some time out for yourself to relax. I ended up coming back to my hostel and taking a nap. I then had another great dinner, this time it was hotdogs Polish style. The hotdog itself is the same, but it is on a french baguette and there was lettuce, pickles, and raw onions involved. I was boring and just had good old ketchup.
After dinner some people were going to play flip cup and I really did not want to be dragged into that so I went over to the huge mall that is right across the road to get gelato. I went for the waffle cone with three flavors, Nutella, Cookies and Cream, and something that was vanilla based with like a butterscotch caramel sauce thing. It was super tasty. After that was over I wondered around the mall as it was warm and there is so much to see with its 3 giant floors. I ended up deciding that it was time for a hair cut. Nothing too drastic, or was it? After that I went and bought a hair drier, its just too cold to mess around with wet hair and it was like $6 so it works.
After I left the mall I was going to go back to my hostel, but the city was so amazing looking at night that I ended up talking photos for a bit. I still have to post those photos but I'll get around to it.
Also tomorrow is Sunday so get your random questions in!

No comments:

Post a Comment