Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day One In Europe

So the day that we have all been patiently waiting for has arrived. I am back in Europe. Traveling through different time zones can really mess a person up. I am not sure what to really call the chunk of time that it too me to get here but it was interesting thats for sure.
When I got on my first of three plane rides, this one was from Boston to Frankfort, Germany I found that my seat mate was an 84 year old woman from the Czech Republic. She spoke next to no english, but I have a feeling that she is one of those really eccentric type old people.
On this flight I also felt really ill, I had been battling some type of illness and I thought I was all set, but that wasn't the case. I ended up in one of the stewardesses seats covered up with two blankets, double fisting drinks, water and chamomile tea, with some aspirin, and throw up bag (which I kept, its unused mind you.) I felt kind of bad like the people thought I had swine flu or something stupid like that, but they were really nice. On a side note Lufthansa airlines in general was pretty amazing. All the food and drinks they kept trying to give me was out of control, however none of it was eaten by me, miss pukey pants. Also one of the flight attendants sounded so much like Doctor Evil, I kid you not. Pretty much made up for feeling like crap.
Flight number two was from Frankfort to Munich and was a whopping 35 minuets long and only about a third full of people. I had a whole row to myself. It was quite nice.
Flight number three was from Munich to Krakow and I managed to pass out yet again on this one, even though it was only like 75 minuets.
I got of the last plane, thank god, and got my luggage and had to take a train into the city. Can I just say how much I love trains? I have no issues traveling forever on trains and have done this a decent amount of times. Its just so amazing to be able to sit in one place and see all these things go past you. Today for example I passed through farm land that had been lightly dusted with snow.
I finally got to my hostel after traveling for about forever and its pretty nice. I have to walk up four flights of stairs to get to my room, so thats kind of the one down side and by four flights I'm not talking the kind of stairs you have in your house. This place is old, so it has nice high ceilings, which means more stairs to climb. My bed feels like a real bed which is so nice. Also we have hot water, which my house back in Maine was even lacking this past week.
So there is this huge mall next to my hostel and train station that I thought "oh I'll just duck in there to grab something to eat" so I had a lighter coat on. I came out of the mall with a huge bottle of water and chap stick (all for about a $1) and decided to wonder around in search of a kebab. Its funny how I only spent 5 nights in Krakow back in October 2009, but I still remember where everything is. Its a very surreal experience. Its something really hard to describe, unless you have experienced it. It is kind of like a re-occurring dream. Krakow looked amazing tonight by the way, kind of magical. There was a light snow falling and they have Christmas lights of sorts up. I cannot wait until I have had some rest and can go out wondering some more tomorrow and this time it will be with my camera, I promise.
Now I really need to get to sleep (its currently 6:30pm) so I don't feel ill tomorrow. Early to bed early to rise, right?
Also on a side note I am going to be taking questions all week from who ever, about what ever as long as its about my travels or traveling or me and posting the answers every Sunday. I think that's it. I'm just beyond tired at this point. Love you all <3

1 comment:

  1. Question 1 - How many times have you been arrested so far?
    Question 2 - How many european hipsters have you oogled at?
    Question 3 - Do you have a Short Chestnut Ugg in size 5? Do I need to waterproof these? WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE?!?!

    ReplyDelete