Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Five In Europe: Sunday Funday!


My Sundays normally consist of me going to my favorite breakfast spot, 158 Pickett Street Cafe, for brunch and getting a bagel with hummus and two cups of coffee, however there is no 158 here in Europe and I will not cheat on it with some two bit bagel place. So this Sunday morning I went to church. That's right Mama Otter I said church. I went to a nice big old Catholic Church (you try to find an Episcopal church in Krakow, Poland.) The service was in Polish and I didn't understand well any of it, but I got the point of it. After that I walked up to the big castle in Krakow and wondered around for a bit and then decided that I should just go to the movies as it was super cold out for being in leggings and frankly I had seen enough of the castle the last time I was in Krakow. I went and found my favorite theater and saw The King's Speech. I highly recommend it.
After the movie got out I wondered to the train station to get my ticket to the border of Poland to go to Ukraine. (I'll explain how that all works in my next blog.) I also stopped and got a kebab for lunch and went back up to my hostel room to eat it. My hostel floor was deserted when I got up there and I thought excellent I can get some blogging, packing and maybe even some reading done. Well then in walked this Aussie guy that I had seen around the hostel and he starts talking with me. Let me stop and explain the first time I saw him because its worth explaining. Two mornings ago I was getting ready for the day and I needed to dry my hair but someone was in the bathroom and I didn't want to wake my roommates up so I went into the common room and there is this guy just passed out. My first thought was He's kind of cute then Crap, where am I going to dry hair now? then it came to Wait, why the hell is he sleeping on the couch? Its against the rules. He clearly belongs here though because he's got a wrist band on. and then Oh, shit I don't want him to wake up and see me just standing here with a hair dryer in my hands and just a tank top on. For the record I also had jeans on. I wasn't just walking around in my knickers.
Anyways Scott and I ended up talking for pretty much half the day about random stuff. It was a really good chat I must say and was given an assignment of Aussie tv shows to watch when I get back home. I think I need to brush up on my mash too because I guess one of the characters is from a fake town in Maine?
Also Scott insisted that I put his picture in my blog. He wants to be famous in Maine I guess :)
Now its time for Sunday Questions!
These grand one are from Becca who I work with at JLCoombs.

Question 1 - How many times have you been arrested so far?
None that I know of. Had a few close calls. I really wanted to try to take a picture of the US Embassy again but thats not allowed and I wasn't in the mood to yell at a police officer that I was a tax paying American and if I want my picture taken in front of the Embassy it was my right to be able to do so.

Question 2 - How many european hipsters have you oogled at?
I was in Poland so most of the guys aren't up to par it was more the Aussie guys I was eyeing.

Question 3 - Do you have a Short Chestnut Ugg in size 5? Do I need to waterproof these? WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE?!?!
Nope, but I have a pair of broken in Emu Alba's in a size 10 that come water resistant, and for you I can sell them at a very nice price, yesss veryyyy nice.

See now wasn't question time fun? You still have time for next Sundays round!

No comments:

Post a Comment