Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One Year...


A year. That is how long I have called Georgia home, and in a week it will all be over. One part of my life, that is so uniquely mine and forever will be mine. Bits and pieces will be told, but the whole story will never be heard by one person, and it’s not intended to. 
None of this would have ever been possible without my family, my Georgian family, Tamariani, and all my friend scattered around the world, esp. those who took me in, fed, and entertained me. Without all of you I would forever be the child sitting alone, in a corner with a balloon tied to her wrist. 
Ok, so maybe I was that child the other weekend...



Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me have the most amazing year of my life, even if I just met you for a brief moment. I have nothing but radiating love for all of you!

Emily 


New Years Eve (Lviv, Ukraine)


Christmas (Lviv, Ukraine)


My first Georgian dance (Mid- January 2012 Tamariani, Georgia)

My first Georgian drinking horn (Early February 2012, Lagodekhi, Georgia)

My host dad's birthday supra with Simon, my Georgian husband, if I would only say yes. (March 7th, 2012 Tamariani Georgia)

Azerbaijan Border with J. (Late March 2012 Lagodekhi, Georgia)

Armenia (mid-June 2012)


Volunteering as Roskilde Music Festival (Roskilde Denmark, Late June/ early July 2012)
Mumford and Sons with my sister cousin (August 4, 2012, Portland, Maine)
Sam thought it would be funny to get me wasted on my birthday. Enjoy this picture Sam. (September 28th, 2012 Tbilisi, Georgia)

Davit Gareja Monastary (Early October 2012, Georgia)
Thanksgiving 2012 (Lviv, Ukraine)





3 comments:

  1. I like all the different hairs.....including Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice post! This is Emily. The other one. Sorry to post on your blog like a creepy creeper but I went to look you up on facebook tonight to say hello and see how things were going and you were not to be found! So I couldn't really think of any other way to get in touch and say hi, besides commenting like a skulking skulker on your blog. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful! I hope I feel similarly when leaving. Though I don't think I'm going to stick it out for a year =(

    ReplyDelete